Crystal Ocean and Expedition
We are always looking for people interested in being part of the candidate pool for International officers, and encourage candidates interested in working for Crystal to get their resume in the pool as this is the best way to ensure swift selection should a vacancy open up.
Most newly hired engine officers begin their careers with Crystal Cruises as 2nd Engineer. Exceptions can be made based on experience and the Company’s needs. Promotion to higher positions is usually done internally within the Company.
We regret to inform you that we do not have any cadet or trainee positions.
Women are encouraged to apply!
Kindly note that the recruitment of the Filipino crew is handled by the agent listed under “Other Job Opportunities” on this website.
Engine officers are selected according to their schooling/previous experience and candidates with previous Cruise Ship experience are generally preferred, however, all applications will be considered.
- Engine Officer license issued by your national authority, valid for minimum 12 months from date of hire
- Industry-required training
- Excellent English language skills
- 1:1 sailing rotation, approx. 8 weeks on followed by 8 weeks off
- Wages paid in US dollars or Euros, 12 months per year
- Medical insurance coverage for the seafarer 12 months per year
- Pension program after 12 months of initial employment
- Merit pay after 2 years of continuous employment
- Bonus program
Positions we employ:
- Chief Engineer
- Assistant Chief Engineer
- 1st Engineer
- 2nd Engineer
- Chief Electrical Engineer
- 1st Electrical Engineer
- 2nd Electrical Engineer
- Electronic Engineer
- 1st Refrigeration Engineer
Upon receipt of your electronic application, we will review your qualifications and experience.